Career web site Glassdoor at present launched its 11th annual Employees’ Choice Awards, a listing of the 100 best corporations to work for in the coming yr. Zoom was topped as the primary tech company to work for in 2019, and the second best company to work for, general (Bain & Company was first).
Zoom is best recognized for offering varied videoconferencing services, together with utilizing AI for computerized transcription. The small company beat out Facebook, which is having a troublesome yr, to say the least. That mentioned, Facebook has been named the prime tech company 5 out of 11 instances: in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2017, and 2018.
Going again a number of years, Airbnb was first for 2016, Google led for 2015, and Twitter received for 2014. Neither Airbnb nor Twitter made the checklist for 2018 nor for 2019. Google did, as did Apple — these are the solely two tech corporations to make the checklist all 11 years. But Google was #eight whereas Apple was all the method down at #71.
Top tech corporations to work for
Last yr, Glassdoor expanded its checklist to the prime 100, when 28 tech corporations made the minimize. There had been 29 tech corporations on this yr’s U.S. checklist (scores are primarily based on a five-point scale, from 1.zero as very dissatisfied to 5.zero as very glad):
- Zoom Video Communications (#2, four.5 score)
- Procore Technologies (#four, four.5 score)
- LinkedIn (#6, four.5 score)
- Facebook (#7, four.5 score)
- Google (#eight, four.four score)
- Salesforce (#11, four.four score)
- HubSpot (#16, four.four score)
- DocuSign (#17, four.four score)
- Ultimate Software (#18, four.four score)
- Paylocity (#20, four.four score)
- Fast Enterprises (#26, four.four score)
- SAP (#27, four.four score)
- Adobe (#30, four.four score)
- Compass (#32, four.four score)
- Microsoft (#34, four.four score)
- Nvidia (#36, four.three score)
- Intuit (#38, four.three score)
- TaskUs (#40, four.three score)
- Cengage (#41, four.three score)
- Kronos Incorporated (#44, four.three score)
- VMware (#51, four.three score)
- AppDynamics (#58, four.three score)
- Paycom (#62, four.three score)
- Cisco Systems (#69, four.three score)
- Apple (#71, four.three score)
- NetApp (#82, four.2 score)
- HP Inc. (#87, four.2 score)
- Expedia Group (#92, four.2 score)
- World Wide Technology (#99, four.2 score)
Every yr, tech corporations are prominently displayed on prime lists like Glassdoor’s. After all, jobs in the tech business are nicely compensated. After the 29 corporations in tech, the subsequent few classes have considerably fewer representatives: well being care (13 corporations), retail (eight corporations), manufacturing (eight corporations), consulting (5 corporations), and finance (5 corporations).
The Employees’ Choice Awards checklist is predicated on the enter of staff who select to present suggestions (no less than 75 should reply) on their job, work atmosphere, and company through an nameless on-line company overview survey. Glassdoor then makes use of a “proprietary algorithm” to decide an general rating “based on the quantity, quality, and consistency of reviews.”
Results are thus primarily based on what staff anonymously inform Glassdoor about their employer. There are eight office attributes that staff may give suggestions on: general company score, profession alternatives, compensation and advantages, tradition and values, senior administration, work/life steadiness, suggest to a good friend, and six-month enterprise outlook. Glassdoor additionally considers varied varieties of employment standing, together with full-time, part-time, contract, and freelance. Intern critiques should not thought of, nor are critiques from staff at authorities organizations, universities, and multi-level advertising businesses.